Do you know that some of the top psychologists from Harvard called Donald Trump a “Narcissist?” There is a question in all American minds, whether to elect him as the next president. Can we expect he be able to actually work for the people or act as a dictatorship where it will all be about his views, his needs, being domineering to certain sort of people or communities, everlastingly rebuff, no negotiation etc.
Most of these are the traits of narcissists. Well he is just not the one with Narcissistic personality disorder suspicion but many others are especially in the past like Napoleon, Saddam Hussein, even Gaddafi. Now these names will also show some positive side like entertaining, pioneering, creative however when they were offered with power they were destructive too. So what exactly is a narcissistic personality disorder?
How can we differentiate between a narcissistic personality disorder person to an individual who genuinely has the zeal to achieve goals with true confidence and supreme desire? To clarify the above statement – narcissistic personality disorder is a medical condition in which an individual think and wants more importance given to him, needs a constant approval of how great he/she is and has a complete lack of compassion for others whatsoever.
Read further to get a quick view on who is a narcissistic personality disorder individual? If you see these indications in an individual, he/she is bound to have Narcissistic personality disorder:
1. Some who thinks a lot about himself
2. Wants constant attentions and approbation
3. Likes to embellish his/her talents and achievements in front of the world
4. Thinks he is extraordinary
5. Set unrealistic aims in life
6. Can have varied mood swings
7. Will endeavor to win always whether the right way or the wrong way
8. Daydream about unlimited success, money and power
Scientists yet have not been able to point out that one specific reason why someone gets this disorder. But so far the speculation is on abusive childhood reacting into these scenarios and at times having a narcissist father or a narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) mother.
When a person is suffering from dual personality disorder like a narcissistic borderline personality disorder he is under much more stress and many complications. This type of a dual personality disorder can cause severe complications that lead to suicide.
Treatment For Narcissistic Personality Disorder
Treatments – as the cause of this disorder hasn’t been clearly specified it becomes default to treat it to. The reason for this disorder is that either the parents have pampered their kids way too much or at times when the children are neglected. In both cases, they are bound to go through this kind of mental disorder. There certainly is no cure but there are various treatments that have proven to be beneficial to many.
For such a mental disorder the key is to bring back his self-esteem and see the world in the realistic colors. Medications cannot be used to treat this disorder but is suggested at times to relive the patients of the side-effects of the NPD like anxiety attacks, feeling of depression or addictions such as drugs and/or alcohol. Psychotherapy is the best policy. This treatment allows the patient to speak their mind out once they gain confidence in their doctor.
One of the famous movies “Mommie Dearest” is a archetypal movie based on a true story of Joan Crawford a narcissist mother and her daughter Christina. This is a frighteningly truthful depiction of how a child suffers when brought up by a narcissist mother.
It must be difficult to digest to think that a mother – an epitome of perfection, worshipped next to godliness can have narcissistic personality disorder. Well a narcissistic personality disorder mother can have the following symptoms which can be very gruesome and difficult-to-handle for a growing child: Mind you these are the indications which might take a long time especially for a child to understand.
There is a huge possibility for a child to be all grown-up and then realize that his/her mother may have had narcissist personality disorder. Moreover this can also be passed on to the next generation or the child gets so used to this behavior that he/she might even get a spouse with the similar disorder an still think that everything is just normal because they are always been exposed to this behavior.
- Everything your mother does is deniable – disapproval and malign is guardedly camouflaged as concern.
- Disobey your boundaries – no reason is given to you on exposing or possession of your things and possessions in life
- Favoritism – she might have her own favorite kids and create that feel around him/her
- Undermining – basically whatever good you do as a kid is all because of her otherwise there isn’t anything great about you
- Criticism and demeaning – you are always shown as the lowest kid in comparison to others
- Makes you look fanatical – if ever you show her that it’s her mistake she will prove you wrong in such a way that the world and even you might think that you were wrong instead of her.
- Someone who is envious – rarely you would come across a mother who becomes all jealous and envy about your happiness or accomplishments. However if you do then she certainly is a narcissistic mother
- Liar – moms can’t ever be liars but when she is suffering from NPD, then you will certainly see this side of her.
- Center of attention – this is the most crucial indication of a narcissist mother. She will be more concerned about herself as oppose to her kid.
So do you consider Trump may perhaps be the next president of Uncle Sam – can a suspected narcissist rule something as huge as United States of America especially after knowing what a NPD is all about? Well, politics aside, NPD is a serious disorder and treating them at the earliest is the only best thing you can ever do to someone who is going through it but doesn’t have a trace at all.
So what do you think? Do you have a narcissism disorder?